Recent Community Posts
Georgia's Hands Free Law takes effect on July 1st
What you can and cannot do while driving
House Bill 673, or “Hands Free Law”, will take effect on July 1st, 2018. This law prohibits drivers from having their phone in their hand or lap while driving.
Here is what you can and cannot do while driving.
- A driver cannot have a phone in their hand or use any part of their body to support their phone. Drivers can only use their phones to make or receive phone calls by using speakerphone, earpiece, wireless headphone, phone is connected to vehicle or an electronic watch. GPS navigation devices are allowed.
- Headsets and earpieces can only be worn for communication purposes and not for listening to music or other entertainment.
- A driver may not send or read any text-based communication unless using voice-based communication that automatically converts message to a written text or is being used for navigation or GPS
- A driver may not write, send or read any text messages, e-mails, social media or internet data content
- A driver may not watch a video unless it is for navigation.
- A driver may not record a video (continuously running dash cams are exempt)
- Music streaming apps can be used provided the driver activates and programs them when they are parked. Drivers cannot touch their phones to do anything to their music apps when they are on the road. Music streaming apps that include video also are not allowed since drivers cannot watch videos when on the road. Drivers can listen to and program music streaming apps that are connected to and controlled through their vehicle's radio.
Image by WSB-TV Atlanta Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/wsbtv/photos/a.313326575694.184845.10505090694/10156945576325695/?type=3&theater)
Congratulations Patti Brown!
2017 Volunteer of the Year- Patti Brown
Patti Brown received the Volunteer of the Year award at the 51st Henry County Annual Chamber Meeting & Awards Dinner on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
This is how the Chamber recognized Patti...
The Chamber of Commerce Volunteer of the Year recognizes an outstanding person who has given significantly of his or her time and expertise to the Henry County Chamber of Commerce. Recipient must be recognized as a role model for other volunteers, having made a marked improvement to the Chamber as a result of their volunteer effort. This year’s honoree unquestionably meets and surpasses each of these requirements.
This year’s recipient has served the Chamber in various capacities. Their business is a long-time and valued member of the Chamber. Our honoree has been one of the most capable committee chairs the Chamber has known, challenging not only committee members, but the entire board and membership to excel.
Our honoree has served on the Board of Directors, and has been a consistent presence at Chamber functions, providing support to the Chamber not only by being present, but being a regular contributor of door prizes and other support of the Chamber. When the Chamber had the need for leadership for a special project, our recipient readily stepped up and led the effort. When the Chamber was facing a potentially problem situation, our honoree sent a team from their business to ensure that the Chamber would not falter in its role. When the Chamber was soliciting leadership for a community organization, our volunteer once again stepped up and continues to provide leadership.
While the time and energy given to the Chamber is far above and beyond what many would give, this individual also takes other volunteer leadership roles in the community focusing on childhood reading and other community activities as well as being active in the management of an award winning local business. A dynamo who has a real get the job done attitude, Congratulations to Henry County Chamber Volunteer of the Year for 2017, Patti Brown.
SERVPRO Supports Early Childhood Literacy
SERVPRO of Henry & Spalding Counties owner, Patti Brown, is a strong supporter of early childhood literacy. Serving as the Chairperson of the FERST Foundation, Henry County Chapter, she and the other volunteers have put hundreds of books in the hands of low-income children. She recently was interviewed by Shana Thornton with SCBTV. Watch the interview at https://vimeo.com/157312413.
Patti Brown Receives Donation for FERST Foundation of Henry County
Patti Brown of SERVPRO of Henry & Spalding Counties received a donation for the FERST Foundation of Henry County from Scott Fillmore, Executive Director of Atlanta Speedway Charities. Learn more about the gift at https://vimeo.com/149964410.
What Do You Want for Christmas? A CAREER AT SERVPRO
NOW HIRING - Join our Team!
What is the Christmas present that "keeps on giving" and no one wants to return? A CAREER AT SERVPRO of Henry & Spalding Counties! Now hiring for an Administrative Assistant in our Construction Division and Crew Chiefs and Technicians in our Water Division. Apply now -
Administrative Assistant - Construction - https://www.ziprecruiter.com/jobs/SERVPRO-of-henry-spalding-counties-a3cf3f82/administrative-assistant-construction-5eb55f15
Crew Chief - https://www.ziprecruiter.com/jobs/SERVPRO-of-henry-spalding-counties-a3cf3f82/production-crew-chief-10fac8e3
Production Technician - https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/fb587de6
SERVPRO of Henry & Spalding Named to UGA's Bulldog 100 List for Third Time
UGA Alumni Association Bulldog 100 Award
Congratulations to Danny and Patti Brown for being named in the UGA Bulldog 100 List. The University of Georgia's Bulldog 100, a program coordinated by the UGA Alumni Association, recognizes the 100 fastest-growing businesses owned or operated by UGA graduates. This is the third year the companies has earned this honor, first in 2010 and again in 2011.
SERVPRO of Henry & Spalding Counties Sponsors Henry Has Talent
The 7th Annual Henry Has Talent show winners.
On February, 7, SERVPRO of Henry & Spalding Counties had the privilege of sponsoring the winners of the 7th Annual Henry Has Talent show presented by the FERST Foundation of Henry County and Kiwanis International. Congratulations to this year's Henry Has Talent show winners: 1st place - Keeley Adkisson, 2nd place - Upstage Dance Center, 3rd place - Gym Tech Fusion